Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hair Metal Mayhem:Black N' Blue live 1984 Japan HOLD ON TO 18

Confession...I once owned all of Black n' Blue's records....and I played them...often. I'm not proud of it but hey it was the style of the time...I think it was their link to Gene Simmons that made them "cool" back then....of course 25 plus years later, nothing about them or Gene is cool. The Simmons connection paid off for guitarist Tommy Thayer tho..he's now Ace Frehley in Kiss. Singer Jamie St. James had stint as Jani Lane in Warrant...now he's back to managing a Taco Bell (thats just a guess on my part).

3 comments:

O.M.O.M. said...

Without Love and Nasty, Nasty were in heavy rotation in the OMOM household. In the early 90's I bought both of 'em on import japanese discs at a record show for like 20 bucks each. Around 2000, I sold both of them on ebay for 110 bucks each. Proof that now how much you like a band, there is someone out there that likes them more...

O.M.O.M. said...

err, Proof that no matter how much you like a band... stupid typos

Blast Furniss said...

110 bucks each? Wow. Thats kinda sad...not cuz someone likes BnB so much but just imagine there is a guy out there dropping money on Air Supply picture discs and crap like that.

I don't hold it against Tommy Thayer for wearing Ace's makeup...the man needs to pay his bills...but its his other job as Alfred to Gene Simmons Bruce Wayne that cracks me up.