Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hair Metal Mayhem: King Kobra Breakin' Out

Never cared for this band...didn't care for 'em at all. Never understood how Carmine Appice's career reached this point. I'm not sure his career ever recovered from it...but he got off easy. King Kobra lead singer Marc Free woke up one day and decided he was a woman in a man's body..now he's known as Marcie Free. That's really the only reason I'm posting this vid. I hate these guys....I hate them so much.

2 comments:

O.M.O.M. said...

I must be more in touch with my feminine side, cuz I love King Kobra. Actually own the remasters for Ready To Strike and Thrill Of A Lifetime and was even a fan of Marcie's next band, Signal.

Was lucky enough to catch 'em live a couple of times before Mark/Marcie split and removed his schlong.

You can tell I embrace my feminine side by my use of the word schlong, which I believe is the womenfolk word for wiener.

Blast Furniss said...

You're a much more evolved species than me my friend....I could never get past King Kobra's look which reminded me of equal parts Nitro and Gary Glitter. I was always worried that someone would dig thru their record collection and question my masculinity for owning a record by Carmine Appice and two chickish looking dudes....for anyone who thought King Kobra lacked balls, well guess what, your're right now.

Ya know, I think I saw them open up for someone but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. In King Kobra's defense, they weren't any worse than Black n' Blue and I owned ALL of their records. God only knows why. It sure wasn't the vocal stylings of Jamie St. James or the guitar chops of Tommy "Ace 2 Electric Boogaloo" Thayer.