Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. After spending hours on the phone with D-Link tech support in India working on my router issues, I didn't want to get near an PC yesterday. I took the day off from work, watched baseball, read, ate a lot and enjoyed life for a change. I trust you all survived the day without my not so witty asides.
Big change in store for Columbus radio? Could be....WBZX, better known as 99.7 The Blitz, is running some kind of recorded loop saying " "Please stand by. Your radio station is rebooting." That reboot should happen at 5pm today. The reboot will be a format change...but how drastic of one I've not been able to learn. The Blitz is a sponsor of the Rock on the Range show in Columbus next month so I can't imagine they are doing anything too drastic. I stopped listening to the Blitz when they dumped Howard Stern a couple months before his departure for Sirius. Now that I have Sirius I have no reason to listen to them at all. I found their format limited and their air talent tired. Terrestial radio and rock radio in particular, are dead. Good riddance to the Blitz.
For the first time ever, more people are getting their music from ITunes then they are at Wal Mart and other brick and mortar stores. As I've said many a time, the death of pre-recorded music is upon us.
A New York Times/CBS News Poll indicates 81% of Americans think the country is going in the wrong direction. The other 19% are delusional. The unemployment rates is up to 5.1 % after 80,000 jobs were cut last month. Third month in a row where unemployment rose. It ain't gonna stop till it hits double digits either people. We are all doomed....of course, you wouldn't know it by the media coverage...All anyone wants to talk about today is the 40th anniversary of the assassination of MLK. I think a better way to honor the memory of Dr. King would be to wipe out poverty....Maybe the media could help with that instead of spending time and energy focusing on his death. Either way Ann Curry gets to act overly grim covering the story.
But hey on the bright side, those tax rebate checks are coming out in a few weeks. If you're like me, and god help you if you are, that money is already spent. Sorry Dubya, no shopping for me...I have bills to pay.
That being said..I'm hoping to spend a few bucks of it on Foo Fighters tickets...which thank Jebus, are moderately priced.
The media is also trying to cause a stir by dragging up the "Obama is a smoker" stories again. Who gives a rats ass if he smokes if he has a plan to save the planet, feed the hungry, provide health care, create jobs and ends the war? He can smoke 50 packs a day out of his behind for all I care if he fixes those issues.
Roommates.com is no longer allowed to ask its customers if they are straight or gay. Violates Fair Housing laws to do so. Ya know its one thing to use the intergoogle to find someone to bone er date, but to use the internets to find a roommate? If you are that much of a loser you deserve to live alone or in your parents basement.....or with a leather clad, assless chaps wearing, Judy Garland loving, show tunes singing, FLAMING, homosexual.
Speaking of leather clad gay men...Rob Halford and Judas Priest appear set to be part of a bill featuring headliner Heaven and Hell aka Sabbath with Dio.....Priest will occupy the middle slot of the tour following opener Motorhead! Sounds like a killer bill even if all the acts have a total age of 4,000 years. Whats the deal with the cell phone commerical featuring the Jack Black wannabe wearing a Motorhead tee and singing the Ace of Spades? I'm always happy for Lemmy and company to get some free publicity but c'mon, did the advertising agency actually think Motorhead has a huge following among cell phone users?
Have lots of money and a big back yard? Geauga Lake is auctioning off a roller coaster built in 1925.
I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend and that makes me very happy.....Make yours a good one and if it isn't, club a hobo with a hammer.