Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feels Like My Head's Gonna Bust Open.....

Nice start to the day...I overslept.....doors to the car were frozen shut....no de-icer....I had one option...the old hot water treatment which worked without cracking the glass.......had to order the last minute Valentine's Day flowers....had to stop and pick up some Advil Cold and Sinus (but of course, cuz they suspect you might be using them for crystal meth production you have to sign 50 forms and submit 10 pieces of ID just to win the opportunity to purchase them).

Needless to say, I'm fed up with winter....fed up with having a bug I can't shake.....fed up with the political primaries.....today my mood is lifted and my darkness lightened by only one thing......tomorrow my friends, pitchers and catchers report for spring training. Forget the groundhog, the first sign that spring is on its way is spring training.

Sure the baseball offseason was spent talking more about off the field events than anything related to the game, but despite its flaws, it is the perfect sport. Best of all, on Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens this season. I'm hoping to hit every minor league ballpark in the state this year if I can. Best of all, its the last season for Cooper Stadium, as the Columbus Clippers move into a new ballpark in 2009. I like the Coop but a new park was long overdue. If the Clippers were affiliated with the Indians or Reds I'd go down more often. But who really wants to see anything associated with the Washington Nationals? Speaking of the Nats, they move into a new ballpark this season.

Better days may be here....not only is baseball about to return, the Hollywood writers strike is now officially over. While we won't see any more new eps of Heroes or 24 this season, we'll get at least 5 more episodes of Lost.

Proof that I'm just not quite right...yesterday was National Pancake Day and I missed it. IHOP had free pancakes all day to celebrate. Its unlike me to miss out on a chance at free flapjacks.

So Paris Hilton's kid brother got popped for DUI on the same weekend that her new flick "The Hottie and the Nottie" grossed a whopping $25,000 at the box office. Its nice when bad things happen to bad people.

News out of Cleveland today says Brady Quinn was caught on tape gay bashing outside a bar in Columbus. Brady Quinn...gay bashing? The guy who cried when his Browns teammates made him cut his hair hates gay people? The guy who never seems to be photographed with a shirt on has been linked to insulting homosexuals? I think Brady Queen needs to get himself into some therapy and get herself some help.

Finally, hats off to Uno the first beagle to ever win Best in Show at Westminster. I've been saying it for ages that the man has oppressed the beagle for far too long. Let's just hope the little fella isn't linked to Balco, Roger Clemens, the clear, the cream, HGH or any other funny business.

I'm off in search of cough drops....

No comments: