Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Bush Blows.....it Again

So Dubya did the expected and gave Scooter Libby a get out of jail free card yesterday. Proving again that he isn't the brightest bulb in the appliance store, Bush should have waited until today to announce the commutation in order to take advantage of the slower holiday news cycle. So chalk up another bad decision by the decider. Today's NY Times has a nice editorial on how Dubya is soft on crime:http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/opinion/03tues1.web.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I have no doubt that before he leaves office Bush will wipe out the $250,000 fine levied on Libby as well. Disclosing the identity of Valerie Plame was a treasonous act at worst and immoral at best. The de facto pardon comes down to this....keeping Libby out of jail buys his loyalty and silences him. Had the Bush/Cheney camp not stepped up for Scooter its likely he would have broken the administrations code of silence and spilled what he knew. Thats a chance that this secret cabal wasn't willing to take.

I was never a fan of the first President Bush but at least I respected the man. Here's a great quote I found on Crooks and Liars from President 41 that is further proof of how far apart he and his offspring are: "Bush 41: “I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most insidious of traitors.”" Scooter Libby is a traitor and so is Dubya. Bush 43 needs to stop worrying about how history will remember him and save his soul and the lives of innocents by getting us out of this quagmire in Iraq he dragged us into.

Now that I got that off my chest....

John McCain is faring worse on the campaign trail than John McClane at the box office. America's favorite crazy tortured POW presidential candidate has to can 50 staffers and his campaign is nearly broke. Here's some straight talk Senator McCain...drop out of the race. You hitched your trailer to Bush and the wheels have come off. Go back to Arizona. You support a war the American public is tired of. The American people hate you:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/02/AR2007070201205.html?hpid%3Dartslot&sub=AR

Don't look for the Simpsons movie to premiere in Springfield Ohio:http://dispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/07/03/simpspring.ART_ART_07-03-07_B1_IQ76JIP.html

Another reason why I love the internets....Emmy nods leaked early...OOPS!:http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/03/television.emmys.reut/index.html

How great of a band is Cheap Trick? Answer...VERY. One of the greatest American rock bands EVER. Here's hoping they come thru the area this summer.

My 2 highlights of the baseball season: My Indians are in first place and the Yankees suck. ARod came up lame last night after colliding with Joe Maurer of the Twins now he could be going on the DL. The New York tabloids are having a field day with him after being seen on the town with a woman who isn't his wife and now his wife shows up at a game with a shirt that said "F*** You" on it. USA Today takes a look at the first half of the season:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2007-07-02-halfway_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

No you're not imagining it....concert ticket prices are stupid crazy expensive:http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/business/la-fi-prince3jul03,1,5400789.story?coll=la-headlines-business-enter&ctrack=2&cset=true

One late addition to my rocknrollgenocide list...Eric Clapton. I've never met anyone under the age of 50 who actually likes this guy. I swear to Jebus that if I hear Layla one more time I'm gonna puke.

Happy 4th of July....More crap as it happens.

2 comments:

O.M.O.M. said...

How could I forget about Eric Crapton? I like nothing he has done, nothing.

Cheap Trick, one of my top 3 favorite bands. I've got the Steve Albini In Color demos in constant rotation on my ipod.

Blast Furniss said...

I think Cheap Tricks last record Rockford is just an amazing piece of in your face rock n roll. They are the most underappreciated band in rock n roll.
Clapton on the other hand is overrated as a guitar player, song writer and human being.