Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Random Crap Friday

Nothing like the last work day before a well deserved vacation. It has been at least 15 months since I've had a work free week.....life will be good....for at least 7 days. The blog will be updated next week but the update times may vary depending on sleeping habits, household chores and various appointments set up during the week. Monday I'll take my final exam ever at THE Ohio State University and I'll cap off my vacation week with my college graduation next Sunday. 20 best years of my life let me tell ya.

RIP Harvey Korman....some of my earliest tv memories include Harvey....back in the pre-cable days when we only had 3 channels, I actually enjoyed watching the Carol Burnett show. I can't imagine young kids enjoying a show like that today. Harvey was great in Blazing Saddles and he and Tim Conway were always great together.

RIP Alexander Courage....the composer of the original Star Trek theme is boldly going where we all eventually go...to the undiscovered country....death.

The realization that I have until 2009 to see another episode of Lost is sinking in. Last night's season finale was fantastic...gave a lot of answers, left a lot more questions....gonna be a helluva tough wait to see what happens next. Lost is far and away the best show on tv and if you ain't watching it, go buy the dvds and catch up. You'll thank me for it.

I'm so sick of the dying news media trying to create non-issues when we have so many real ones destroying our country and the world. Some crazy priest gives a sermon at Obama's church and its used to throw more stink on his campaign....meanwhile, the Christian Wrong er Right, has decided to start beating the "gay marriage" drums again....look, if Ellen wants to marry Jodie Foster and Rob Halford wants to marry Mr. Sulu, let them....I'll approve of nearly anything that creates jobs, ends the war, provides health care to everyone and allows me to fill up my gas tank for under 75 bucks.

In related news, Clay Aiken is gonna be a daddy....seriously....the former American Idol runner up has knocked up the 50 year old sister of music producer David Foster via, you guessed it, artificial insemination. This will be the first child for the artist affectionately known on the intergoogles as "the Gayken."

I think that you couldn't find a more festive meat than the bratwurst.

If you're looking for something to read on the internets, check this out http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/20947527 Its Rolling Stone's list of the 100 greatest rock guitar songs of all time. If they've left out Yngwie J. Malmsteen's "I'll See the Light Tonight" I'll be ever so pissed.

Tracii Guns version of L.A. Guns is looking for a singer...how bout just merging with the Phil Lewis version of L.A. Guns? One L.A. Guns is too much let alone two.

Deep Purple is issuing a 4 DVD box set....I'm hoping its audio only...I don't wanna see those guys on a big tv in HD.....

If you took my advice and bet on the Spurs to beat the Lakers, I'm sorry I let ya down. I smell a Lakers title now....as much as I hate ass rapist Kobe Bryant, I think they'll be too much for the Celtics or Pistons to handle. I still like the Penguins to rally back to take the Cup from the Red Wings.

Thank God football training camps are right around the corner cuz watching the Indians these days is like watching a Premier League soccer game....in fact, a soccer team puts up more points that the Tribe does.

Gonna be a hot one this weekend....feel free to walk around without pants.

1 comment:

O.M.O.M. said...

Good luck on the final, double your HGH injections this weekend for increased brain power.

Harvey Korman was the bomb, loved the Carol Burnett show.

Obama needs to quit going to church. That's why I don't go anymore, I'm afraid of a priest making me look bad...

I'm hoping Paul Black forms a 3rd version of LA Guns to confuse people even more. Someday I'll dig up the video footage of me go-go dancing hanging off a dance cage while Traci's LA Guns played. Their manager was not impressed but the people in attendance seemed to enjoy it. I even made a dollar in tips.