Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mayhem:The Faces - Stay With Me

Its hard to believe now but at one time Rod Stewart was the greatest frontman in rock n' roll..no seriously..he was. The Faces came together at the end of the 60's once the Small Faces disbanded and Stewart and Ron Wood split from Jeff Beck and joined up. They only recorded a couple records but they were all great. To me, the Faces were the originators of whiskey rock. The band disbanded once Ron Wood joined the Stones and Rod became a singer of horrible ballads. I have a dream that before he dies Rod will make one final masterpiece but its been 35 years and I know it ain't gonna happen.

2 comments:

O.M.O.M. said...

I'd love to see a Faces reunion. I don't hold out much hope since Ronnie Lane is dead and Rod has went to the dark side. A great booze soaked rock band.

Blast Furniss said...

I can't tell ya how many times I got suckered in to picking up a Stewart record because someone reviewed it and called it a "return to form." The closest thing to a Faces reunion we'll ever see already took place...that would be when Ron Wood joined Rod during his Unplugged special. Not only is Ronnie Lane dead but Kenney Jones is in hiding because Pete Townshend has declared a jihad on him.