Back in business thanks to a government bailout.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Frehley's Comet

Everyone has a favorite member of Kiss. I met a dude who swore up and down that Mark St. John, had he not had a debilitating injury, would have become a bigger guitar hero than Eddie Van Halen. I know another dude who swore that Peter Criss was the Buddy Rich of his generation. He actually said this with a straight face and I believe him to be sincere. As for me, I always considered myself an Ace Frehley guy. I don't know if it was the sci fi makeup, the exploding guitar (Ok I know it more or less caught on fire rather than exploded but I only use the word "flaming" to describe Paul Stanley), or the great riffs but Ace was head and shoulders above the rest of the band for me. He far and away had the best solo records of anyone in the band....Its Frehley's Comet, the Rocktober Feature Artist of the day.

No comments: